Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas & Off to New Orleans

I hope everyone had and/or is having a wonderful holiday season. I wanted to get a group selfie with the family on Christmas. I have to admit, I kind of like it!

As the end of 2016 began dragging on and on, I had little energy or incentive to write a new post. I am thankful to finally have a few days off work.

Later this morning, my wife and I will be heading to New Orleans for a few days. We were unable to go earlier this summer when my mother passed away. I am looking forward to this, my second visit there. Rest assured that I will get in a session or two (or three) at Harrah's New Orleans. On my previous trip I did quite well. I am looking forward to flinging a few cards.

We almost had a big scare on Sunday when we were notified that our flight to New Orleans was canceled, apparently due to expected heavy fog in Chicago this morning. Fortunately, we were able to re-book the flight and leave instead from St. Louis. It means driving a bit further, but we should only get in about four hours later than originally planned.

I doubt I will make a new blog post while in New Orleans, but I probably will send out a few tweets. You can follow me on twitter at @lightning36.

Time to begin a major poker heater. I can't wait!


4 Comments:

Blogger Koala said...

Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Good luck, safe travels, Merry Christmas and please say hi to Mrs. Lightning for me.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

Happy holidays and enjoy the trip!

5:19 PM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

Following long on Twitter and Facebook and looking forward to the trip report

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home