Saturday, March 12, 2016

Ten Years Ago Today ...

It is hard to believe that it was ten years ago that I made this blog on Blogger and posted my terribly insightful first post: "Testing -- first post." It was as brief as Rob's posts are long!

In these past ten years, I have written 1,144 posts and the blog has been viewed over 235,000 times. During the heyday of online poker, I used to post several times a week. Now, however, as I am really more limited in time and energy, mostly due to the demands of my job. I'm sure aging ten years is a factor, too.

One of the unanticipated benefits of the blog is having a ten-year record of my life -- activities, successes, disappointments, feelings and thoughts. It has also help to make and friendships -- some that have pretty much come and gone, and others that form the basis of what I consider some of my best friends today. I look back on these past ten years and treasure many memories. I am thankful for the support and encouragement received during the tougher moments, especially when faced with my son's cancer diagnosis and my heart attack.

I had planned to write a special post for today, but, being a poker degen, I drove to the riverboat to play poker last night after going to a concert. I tooled in to my driveway at about 5:00 this morning and slept for most of the day. I'll wait until the time is right. I still might post a few favorite old posts this month.

For today, I will just say that I am very thankful for many things -- for the life I have been given, the family I grew up with and the one I have now, the gifts God granted me in helping me be successful in my career, and the many treasured friendships I have made. It is time to begin the next ten years. Let's do it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cranky said...

Light - congratulations on keeping with your blog. I think I only kept mine up regularly for a few years.

It has been a pleasure reading your posts and getting to know you. I don't always comment, but I do read pretty much every post. Looking forward to another 10 years!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Happy blogiversary!

One of the unanticipated benefits of the blog is having a ten-year record of my life

I tell people it's like a scrapbook.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Pete P. Peters said...

Congrats. Keep the posts coming. Glad to know you.

TRT

9:22 AM  
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

Ten years, wow!

Congrats my friend!

5:46 PM  
Blogger mrben09 said...

Good work Sir. Here's to another 10 and I'm also glad to know you, even if you do call me ratholer. Lol

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home