Monday, August 17, 2015

If you are up for a little fatherly reading ...

So today, aside from being a really challenging day at work, is also the 11th anniversary of my father's death. I'd like to say that it just seems like yesterday that he passed away, but the reality, at least for me, is that it seems so long ago...

I started this blog in 2006. Over the past 9+ years, I have shared stories about my dad, usually around significant times, like his birthday, the anniversary of his death and Memorial Day. I posted some of my favorite stories, including memories from going to his bowling night when I was in junior high school, my dad and cars, going drinking with my dad at a local VFW hall, my dad and the Rolling Stones, and more sobering stories like dealing with a father with dementia and watching my father die.

In a mood for some funny stuff interspersed with sad stories? Check out this link: http://lightning36.blogspot.com/search?q=dad

I hope that after I croak, my kids remember some fun stories about me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cokeboy99 said...

This definitely hits close to home. I hope I remember the good times with my dad as well as you do yours as the time passes.

5:55 PM  
Blogger crafty said...

It's never easy, is it? Rose Kennedy said some wise words about pain like that never going away, precisely, rather scarring over to let you move on with your life. Apt. Hope your today is better than your yesterday, friend.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home