Saturday, August 15, 2015

Dog Days, Part Two


This past week was one mutha of a week for me -- that is for sure. I wanted to drive to the Chicago suburbs tonight but might have to wait until early tomorrow morning since I feel listless and exhausted. These truly are the dog days of work for me in my job and with some particular situations the past few weeks. However, they will soon be over -- in about another week or so.

So aside from having a really busy and stressful week at work, luck and the life run good gods were also toying with me. For example, take Monday. Exhausted at the end of the work day, I immediately had to change clothes to make a softball game at 6:00 p.m. Whenever I have a really busy day at work I almost always suck in softball if I have a game that night. Monday didn't disappoint. I went 0-3 at bat and flubbed a play or two in the outfield. I grabbed a beer with a few guys after the game, then headed home only to get a flat tire. Unfortunately, my son apparently used my lug wrench to help a friend and never returned it. I called a towing service for some roadside help, but they were having a busy night and I had to wait almost an hour for them to get there. To top things off, I got home and found out I will have to deal with my health insurance provider over an upcoming minor surgery they say they won't cover.

Oh -- and did I mention that I started having automobile battery issues? And when I told my wife she said that she had one of her own? Geez. One week, one new tire and two new batteries. Life doesn't get any better than that, huh?

I just felt listless today and even passed up an opportunity to stop at Harrah's Joliet for some poker on the way up north. It's just one of those weeks -- what can you do?

Tomorrow thundering36 and I are going to watch the Cubs at White Sox game. thundering will be in his Cubbie blue and I will be wearing my traditional black and white. As you might know, I root for both teams although the Sox have always been my top baseball team. However, they appear to be pretty much dead in the water while the Cubs are smoking in their bid for a playoff appearance. It should be a great game as Chris Sale is scheduled to start for the Sox.

Oh -- and a quick shout out to my friends who are having a great time in Las Vegas this weekend. Alysia, Koala, Chris and Cokeboy are all playing in the Aria 1:00 p.m. tourney today. Best o' luck to them all except for the guy who busted in the first hour (ummm ... Chris)!

1 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Chris Sale, would love to see that game.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home