Monday, July 13, 2015

Chicago ... Memphis ... New Orleans

The lightning36 Summer Vacation Tour 2015 continued yesterday with a trip to Chicago and Wrigley Field to see the White Sox take on the Cubs. On my trip up to the Chicago suburbs on Saturday, however, I was FORCED .. yes forced .. to stop at Harrah's Joliet and play a few hours of poker. Harrah's Joliet has been a great place for me in 2015 and did not let me down. I doubled up and headed out.

Sunday was a beautiful day in Chicago. The temperature during the game was around 75 degree and there was a nice little wind blowing. Unfortunately, the Cubs beat the White Sox 3-1, which greatly pleased thundering36, a die-hard Cubs fan. I am sure he enjoyed sitting at the game a little more than I did today.

Oh -- and just for good measure -- a picture of the Willis (Sears)Tower, the second tallest building in the United States at 108 stories and 1,451 feet.
Next stops: Memphis (Monday - Tuesday); New Orleans (Tuesday - Friday); back to Memphis (Friday - Saturday); and home (Saturday).

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

however, I was FORCED .. yes forced .. to stop at Harrah's Joliet and play a few hours of poker.

Well, when forced, just go with the flow and enjoy it. Nice double up. Have fun the rest and travel safely.

7:01 AM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

do the voodoo tours in New Orleans that SHEEEEEEEIT is scary at night

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home