Saturday, May 30, 2015

On to Las Vegas

Just a short note before I head to Sin City for what should be a fun week of poker, sun and relaxation. The relaxation is really necessary as preparing to go away for a week is almost as bad as working that same week. I had to stay at work until 7:45 p.m. on Friday night. What a way to end a long week of work.

This morning I made sure all my bills were paid and everything else taken care of. I am heading to the airport in a couple of hours and, as usual, still need to pack. This is one routine I really should change.

Unfortunately, traveling tonight means that I will likely see very little of game seven of the Blackhawks-Ducks series -- the NHL Western Conference finals. Excellent timing!

I will be staying at The LINQ this trip and, for the first time in several trips, am not renting a car. I think I will miss being able to just hop in and go wherever I want.

I am not sure who I will see this trip. I will definitely play some poker and spend some time with poker buddy Rob. Old online poker friend cmitch is playing some WSOP tournaments and will be probably be good to shoot the shit at a lunch or dinner.

As for my friends in Las Vegas or other friends who might be in town, text me if you have my phone number or message me on twitter (@lightning36, of course). I'll likely be hanging out at MGM, Bally's, Harrah's, ...

And Mr. Subliminal -- I want to take you up on your offer of a tour of the fabled Las Vegas underground for the homeless. I just might stay there if The LINQ is not up to snuff.

Later!

6 Comments:

Blogger angerisagift said...

eat some Fried Oreos/Twinkies 4 me. GL AT THE TABLES!!!

7:34 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

Have a great trip!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Have fun. Looks like I'll just miss you. Getting late June 11.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

My executive assistant will be reaching out to you.

2:48 AM  
Anonymous KenP said...

Enjoy! You earned it?

1:50 PM  
Blogger mrben09 said...

Drop me a tweet if you and Rob are playing. I'm over for the week from the Uk. would be great to say hi.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home