Sunday, January 04, 2015

Review: Con Alt Delete -- December 19-21, 2014 -- Rosemont, IL

The Merry Maids
 
Hello blog viewers! Guess who this is?
 
That’s correct- lightning’s daughter! And my oh my, did I have a great weekend at Con Alt Delete.
 
We’ll start with some context: Con Alt Delete was an anime convention that was held at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare In Rosemont, IL and is very similar in style to Anime Midwest (which I already covered in July). There are panels run by staff and guests alike, an artist’s alley full of goodies to buy, and of course, plenty of food and entertainment. It lasted from December 19th to December 21st, and although it was smaller than Anime Midwest was, it was equally as fun. Unfortunately, I was only able to go on the 20th and 21st because somebody (read as: my father) had work.
 
This year, instead of Sollux Captor from my beloved Homestuck, I cosplayed as Eren Jaeger from a relatively new Anime/Manga, Attack on Titan. I’d highly recommend that you watch/read it.
 
(Hey, that's me!)
 
The experience was a great one, as most if not all conventions are. I made several new friends, took plenty of pictures, and overall had a fantastic time. One of the best highlights of the convention was definitely the Whose Line Is It Anime panel (which, as the name implies, is an anime-based improv show similar to that of Whose Line Is It Anyway). There was laughter, music, friendliness, fun- basically, it was another fantastic moment in my life.
 
For those in the Illinois area who are planning on going to conventions, Con Alt Delete is definitely one to consider.
 

4 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Looks like fun. Good report.

1:51 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

Mtn Dew or Baja Blast??

3:15 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I Googled C+A+D to find out more. LOL-ed when I read that paying the $30 entry fee entitled people to free ramen and Mountain Dew. Sounds like good fun, not too dissimilar to the WPBT and other gatherings.

9:05 AM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

WOW!!!!!! 30 bucks that is $$$$$$$$$$$$ . 4 that price they better have Code Red too

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home