Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dog Days



Just a quick post so that I can get away from work for at least a few minutes.. August is usually one of the busiest, if not THE busiest, month of work for me. The past few days I have been working to correct some situations that needed correcting and trying to keep my own grumpiness at bay while I deal with others who are clearly showing the fatigue of a nasty four-week period.

The rest of the world has still been going on, right? At certain times of the year, I sometimes wonder if life even exists outside my office!

Speaking of my office ... it is really nice, but looks like total crap since I was never able to move in properly. Additionally, in my department's move to new digs, we found a treasure trove of old files that need to be examined before disposing/shredding them. I guess I will try to do that in the next few weeks.

This is usually the time I get ready to go to Las Vegas to recover, but it looks like Sin City will just have to wait for me this fall. Since I will apparently have jury duty sometime in October, I honestly don't know when my next trip to Las Vegas will be.

I feel the need to play a little poker, so perhaps a weekend trip to Peoria, Joliet, or Hammond is in order.

We are are the dark side of the work week! Yea!

8 Comments:

Blogger cokeboy99 said...

Don't forget to let me know when/where you'll be playing on the weekend you choose. As for your next trip to Vegas....Dec. 6-10 sounds good! lol

8:07 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

Boo on the Vegas info. :(

8:31 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

we found a treasure trove of old files that need to be examined before disposing/shredding them.

They say there's no rest for the weary.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I'm pretty sure if you tell them you do a blog, they automatically excuse you from Jury Duty.

That's what I plan on telling them next time, anyway

12:04 AM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

first world person problems here. next u r going to say that u dont like SPAM

2:20 PM  
Blogger thundering36 said...

We really should be preparing to fly to Vegas in 9 days. Oh well... :-(

9:46 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

do u have microwave or does TBC have to bring his to yr basement??? and window A/C??

3:28 AM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

hey, when can yr sheriff uncle in AZ get that C-130????? i am thinking llamas and donkeys????

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home