Sunday, August 25, 2013

Three Strikes and You're Out

I just happened to access an image hosting site today and logged into my old account. I was reminded why tournaments can sometimes frustrate the heck out of you -- when you come close to a great score but just don't quite make it.

Example #1:


I was in a blogger freeroll final with a trip to the WSOP Main Event as the top prize. My fourth place finish got me an iPod. Not bad for free, I guess, but far short of a chance to play with the big boys.

Example #2


A tournament with a trip to the Playboy Mansion as the prize for the winner. Every guy's dream to go there at least once, right? My fourth place finish netted me nada.

Example #3:



Another tournament with a trip to the Playboy Mansion for the winner. My result: third place. My winnings: nada.

As I look back I see that these tournaments were seven years ago -- when online poker was the the biggest thing around. The tournaments were at Poker.com, Dream Poker and I believe, CD Poker. Those were some great days.

7 Comments:

Blogger KenP said...

So, we are to assume from this that you aren't even SECOND RATE?

You really think you can be like Dave? Nobody can be like Dave. Although, I doubt he'll outfiddle the Devil to get his soul back.

7:25 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

KenP, it is too bad that online poker is now where it is in the USA. I long for the days when I could have easily lifted the last of your retirement money and left you begging me for a spare quarter.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey at least you got the Dank, winning that you get...bragging rights.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Spot said...

Someday I'm going to have Dave autograph my old man boobs.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

An iPad isn't too shabby! I miss the good old days, too.

3:54 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

It was actually an iPod, MOJO. Not that anything we win in a freeroll is bad.

Actually, it seems like whenever an electronic device is a prize I do well. I have won an iPad and also a PS3.

4:08 PM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

I Remember taking 3rd in a Pokerstars 10r for about 6 grand.
That was the highlight of my tourney play.
I won a couple of random ones for like 1200 or so but I've never got a HUGE score and I never got anything out of a free roll.

I now hate online poker after I put so many loving hours into it.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home