Saturday, August 31, 2013

"All I want to do is get out of Meijer and then get out of town"



Those were the words uttered early this afternoon by a tired, hot, frustrated unnamed blogger as he finished a round of chores in town and anticipated his upcoming vacation to Las Vegas.

I always pack at the last minute, and this trip is no exception. After some laundry gets done I should have that task well underway.

And what does a good, Catholic poker blogger do on the Saturday before a Sunday trip to Las Vegas? 1) Confession; then 2) Mass. You Catholic readers should understand. Just covering all the bases!

Sometimes the most difficult part of getting away is squaring everything else in your life first. I had to stay at work until 7:00 p.m. last night to get everything covered for next week. Good people are watching over the office for me, and hopefully there will not be a need to text me.

My flight leaves in 22 hours. I can already taste the first sip of the comped Bloody Mary on the flight to Las Vegas.

I am looking forward to several days of poker fun, cavorting around Las Vegas in general, and meeting up with some old and new friends.

Next post -- live from Las Vegas!

19 Comments:

Blogger Zin said...

The highlight of your trip is a drive to the Famous Gold Strike in Jean Nevada home of the famous TBC.

3:03 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

have a great trip, dude.dont 4get to bring tony some pants and food . lmao.

3:52 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

also what is miejer? and r u placing some nfl prop bets?

3:53 PM  
Anonymous KenP said...

Meijer's is the clumsiest store to shop in that I ever been in. I see what they are trying to do but they carried it beyond extreme. (I worked/consulted in the grocery industry.)

4:04 PM  
Blogger Zooks64 said...

Hope you have a great time!

4:20 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@angeris a gift I actually have a pair of jeans for Tony : o ) Meijer is a decent department store with an excellent grocery section.

As for the NFL ... this homer plans on putting a modest bet on da Bears to win the Super Bowl. Other than that ... dunno. I suck at sports betting.

4:31 PM  
Blogger AgSweep said...

Have a wonderful trip. May you find many drunk tourists dying to give up their bankroll at Ballys.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Zin said...

lighting36 you have a better chance staking Tony than the Bears winning the Superbowl. The Bears will probably not even make the playoffs.

4:54 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

well have fun

5:04 PM  
Blogger jusdealem said...

Vegas! Woo hoo! Good luck!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Pete P. Peters said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Spot said...

Tear it up.

9:04 PM  
Blogger ManInBlack said...

Bless me Father for I am about to Sin...

9:39 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

^ Funny people... ^ Good luck!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Cranky said...

light - enjoy yourself! I'll be interested to read your take on the Gordon Ramsey steakhouse. (Living vicariously ...)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

I assume you confessed that you are about to steal Tony's roll.

Good luck in Vegas and have a great time. Win a bunch of money and try to avoid losing your stack to Ron this time.

Sorry I can't be there this time. Believe me, I'd like nothing better than to be in Vegas for Labor Day weekend. I heard BSC was a "zoo" last nite.

#rungood

11:22 AM  
Blogger Tino said...

I believe praying before a tournament has been helpful for me. Be it mind control, coincidence or divine intervention.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Gl out west!

7:14 PM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

It's The Final Countdown

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home