Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Next Las Vegas Trip Tentatively Planned


After hearing great stories from friends who are getting back from the WSOP or arriving in Las Vegas in July, I was forced -- absolutely forced -- to tentatively plan my next trip. Getting the proper breaks on airfare and hotels is always a fun part of planning the trip, and it looks like we have a wiener!

The King of Komps (my brother, for those new to the blog) and I plan on heading to Las Vegas for our usual trip around Labor Day weekend. This time of year for a trip usually works well as we can celebrate my brother's birthday and I can relax after making it through the roughest month of the year at work.

Last year our trip was canceled at the last minute. I was just out of the shower and getting ready to begin the drive to pick up my brother and then head to the airport when we decided to delay the trip since we were both feeling sick that morning. From my perspective, it was a wise decision as I was not feeling well again for a few days.

It looks like we will invade Las Vegas September 1-6. Tentative plans are to stay at Sam's Town for one or two days and then finish up the trip at Harrah's. Staying at Sam's Town will be a first for me. I have played poker there a few times over my last several trips and don't mind playing a little limit Hold'em or Omaha to break up my usual NL game.

As for Harrah's ... it seemed like the best option. The location is great, of course, but the last time I was there I was definitely not impressed with my room. It has been a challenge to come up with fantastic deals now that Caesars Entertainment Corporation seems to have tightened its belt regarding comped/discounted rooms. However, I rarely spend time in my room anyway, so what the heck.

So ... the trip is now officially less than two months away. Yowsa! But hey -- didn't I just get back from Las Vegas?????

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Coach said...

Punk... :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I was forced -- absolutely forced -- to tentatively plan my next trip.

Any excuse will do.

12:33 PM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Yeah the room in Vegas is just where I lay my head between playing poker and other gambling. I'm not worried about the room unless its too load or smells bad.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Cranky said...

I love planning the next trip as soon as the last one was completed. Yours sounds fun.

Skip and I stayed at Caesars AC in early April and I was disgusted with the complimentaries we "earned" while there. She played slots and I spent tons of time at the craps table but they offered us $7! Now, I'm being showered with offers. We're getting 4 free nites at the end of July, $100 towards dinner on my birthday, 7/30, among others. I don't really understand how their program works.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home