Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Life Begins Anew


As we say goodbye to a long winter and get ready to fully embrace spring, the beginning of the baseball season reminds us that there are things to life other than the doldrums of work and other mundane tasks.

2005 was a thrilling year for me as my White Sox won the World Series and I got to be there for game one. Can they do it again this year in a division featuring a tough Tigers team? I don't know, but the hope of spring has returned.

So how is your team situated for the 2013 season?

5 Comments:

Blogger Yakshi said...

In response to your question:

My Yankees are going to get bent over a table and violated repeatedly throughout the season, with hardly the hope of a wildcard finish.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I like the Sox, especially because I have Chris Sale on several of my fantasy teams. What a stud.

10:58 PM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

I can 1 UP Yakshi...
In fact, it's more like a 3 or 4 up...
if the Yank's are getting bent over then what is it that the Pirates are doing?
They aren't even part of the scene.... they're just fluffers keeping other teams up (in the standings) while they suck for 24 straight!

12:38 AM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Looks like we are tied for first. I have $20 on the Twins to win the world series. Sure would be nice to collect at WPBT...of course that would mean you'd be pissed at me, but I'd probably just count the money in front of you and giggle...a lot :-)

9:23 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

The Red Sox are a pleasant surprise this year...I haven't paid any attention for a year and a half. This team seems likable.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home