Sunday, August 05, 2012

Next Las Vegas Trip Set

Barring any sort of emergency, I will be making my next trip to Las Vegas on Labor Day weekend, arriving in Las Vegas on Sunday evening, September 2 and returning home on Saturday, September 8. My brother, the King of Komps, will be celebrating a milestone birthday on the trip. To celebrate, a dinner at this place is on tap:


Of course, a place a little more my style is usually where I would get a steak if I were in Las Vegas. Maybe a trip to this here is in order?


Aside from having some pretty good cheap steaks, Ellis Island has excellent mashed potatoes. Is anyone a mashed potatoes fan? Anyone? Bueller?

I did talk with one blogger about doing this on my next trip to Las Vegas.


Will it happen? Dunno. But it will be fun if it does.

And ... to end the week, a little music -- a concert by a guy who used to be a student of the King of Komps:


Any Gotye fans among my Las Vegas friends? Somebody That I Used To Know was a monster hit across the world.

There should be plenty of time for poker ... poker ... and more poker. Other plans? Hit me up if you want to set something up.

Four long weeks of work remain until the fun begins. The countdown starts tomorrow.

14 Comments:

Blogger grrouchie said...

Is that the Gordon Ramsey one in the Paris?
Or is there another one somewhere.
Walked by there recently and decided I needed to save up for a very special occasion to go there. Please let us all know how damned good it is.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Carmel said...

I will be there at that zip line my friend!

2:13 AM  
Blogger sevencard2003 said...

look forward to seeing u again, but dont expect ellis island to actually have a game. also i might no longer be in vegas might be in laughlin. if i find an apt, ill be in vegas though.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

Dang, gonna miss you by a couple of days. Maybe next trip.

And yes, Ellis Island potatoes are the best. Pretty good salad too. Green beans... not so much.

Have a great time!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Will definitely plan to be in Vegas for at least part of this trip, if not all of it.

Perhaps this time you won't go out of your way to avoid meeting Prudence.

3:35 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@ grrouchie -- Yes, the restaurant is in Paris.

@ Carmel -- I'm game if you are!

@ Rob -- You did not even mention Prudence when I was around last trip. I just hope you won't be too surprised when she immediately falls in love with me.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Cranky said...

light - are you watching Hell's Kitchen? The manager for that restaurant is allegedly being selected through the competition on that show.

Ellis Island - I had relatives who lived in the Marie Antoinette condos right near the EI and it was their place to go ALL THE TIME. They loved it.

Have fun on your trip. I shall be jealous!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Oh, that's right, you had already left the room when Josie blew her chance to meet Prudence--and now insists that she is a figment of my imagination. I guess you were too overwhelmed by Josie's cleavage to continue to hang around, or perhaps, too jealous by Josie's manhandling of me.

12:57 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

A Rob: For the record -- I have never been "overwhelmed" by Josie's cleavage. And ... no jealousy because I used to be #1 on Josie's man list. However, sadly, it appears that Poker Grump has surpassed me. I will somehow try to carry on despite this.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Carmel said...

You're still at the top of my list.

5:25 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@ Carmel -- I thought I was slugging it out with Waffles and Gary ...

5:34 PM  
Blogger Vegas Linda Lou said...

Ellis Island is the tits!!!

1:27 AM  
Blogger CoolDave88 said...

I have enjoyed the Goyte video for several months, extremely creative and a really good song.

11:56 AM  
Blogger David Westbay said...

Have a good time on your trip!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home