Friday, September 30, 2011

lightning36's Weekend Report

Ivy, the Cat That Was Near Death
You probably remember that I wrote a few posts about Ivy, the family cat that disappeared for three days and returned close to death. Although I sprung for some medical costs for having her go to the emergency vet clinic, I balked when our regular vet wanted to do additional testing that would run four figures (yes – four figures just for some additional tests – not including other tests, appointments, examinations, medications, etc). Instead, my wife did some force feeding, force hydration, and some subcutaneous fluid injections. The results – bingo! Ivy slowly recovered and seems to have gotten almost all the way back. All the family is very happy at the way things turned out.

My Recovery
I am now 15 days past my mild heart attack. I continue to toe the line in terms of eating, drinking, and exercising. The results so far are that I feel very good and have already lost eight pounds from the maximum weight I hit right before the attack. Looking back, I can see some things very clearly now, like how I was feeling pretty crappy the two weeks before the attack. I did not realize how bad I had gotten regarding simple things like getting winded from walking. I plan on continuing the current regimen so that I will hopefully lose several more pounds and get back to where I was several years ago. So yes, things are looking and feeling good right now.

Poker
I am traveling to Harrah’s Southern Indiana next week to spend a few days relaxing, playing some cash games, and playing in the Seniors No Limit Hold ‘em non-ring event at the WSOP Circuit event there on Wednesday, October 5. I am tempted to play one of the regular ring events, but I feel like my tournament play is rusty due to the lack of tournament play after Black Friday. Memphis MOJO set the bar pretty damn high for playing in seniors events this past summer at the WSOP in Las Vegas, so I know that a deep run is required to keep up. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

GL in So. Indiana. I considered going, but have a meeting that conflicted. Tear them up.

7:27 PM  
Blogger crafty said...

Congratulations on your recovery - and on that of Ivy as well. That nine lives thing, it's not for nothing that myth came about.

7:47 PM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

GL buddy. Glad you and Ivy are on the mend.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

Glad to hear ur health is going good. Gl in so indiana!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

Good news on all fronts.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home