Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Quick Tuesday Thoughts

* Worked on my federal tax form last night and finished it except for paying and e-mailing it via Turbo Tax. It is amazing how simple the task was with this system, which I used last year for the first time.

* My friend who is battling Stage IV breast cancer recently posted pictures on facebook from her trip to Hawaii. I am humbly reminded today that I have been blessed with a great life.

* At some point I might give my views on Survive Donkey Island. I am glad that the people who were involved seemed to have a good time. Frankly, I am glad that it is over so that we can hopefully get to BBT6. Al -- are we still on, bud?

* I hope to find time tonight or tomorrow to post an update on Chicago professional sports teams. Quite a mixed bag, they are ...

* Midwest weather means never having to store away your shorts or your jackets. It is currently 50 degrees and will get up to 80 degrees by Sunday. After that? Back in the 60's and mid to high 50's.

* Today might be the first grilling day of the season. Can the burner make it through one more season? I will find out tonight.

Catch ya on the virtual tables ...

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Hah, beat you. I finished my taxes Sunday night!

2:13 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Dang -- that MOJO is one competitive guy!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

Mojo trumps Lightning. I love it!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

Hey, this isn't a Josie Free Zone, is it? :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger jamyhawk said...

oh, you are so right about that weather. We hit a record of 90 degrees Sunday and then had a freeze warning Monday night when it got down to 32 degrees.

3:44 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

I finished my taxes first week of February, figured out I owe. Should probably hit the send button one of these days.

Things continue, won't be hard to stay in from of the Twins this year. Uff.

10:54 PM  
Blogger gadzooks64 said...

I did our taxes last Saturday! I love the send it now pay at a future date option in TurboTax. Give it a try - just stick in the date you want the funds withdrawn and you are good to go. Not paying until the 14th :D

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home