Thursday, April 07, 2011

Another Shark Victory

The Thursday night home game of the Shark Poker Tour once again was fun and profitable as I notched my second victory in two weeks against an always tough gang of Sharks. I had one massive suckout which gave me the chips I needed to position myself for the final table. I went into the flop against an agressive player with J-J. After the flop showed all low cards, the other player raised and I went all in. Unfortunately, he tabled K-K and I was on my way out until ... a beautiful J on the turn!

One other crucial hand happened at the final three when I was dealt A-7 crubs. The button, who had been aggressive when in position, pushed all in. Since the third player had a significant chip stack, I decided to call the button and take my chances. I was guessing that I was ahead and he was bluffing me out of my blind. Wrong! He tabled Q-Q, but two crubs showed on the flop and I knew I was golden since we all know that crubs always get there. Sure enough, I rivered a crub to win the hand and put me in position to challenge the chip leader. A short while later the victory was mine.

Okay -- I expect that a few people (one person in particular!) might have a comment or two to make about my luck with the cards tonight. But, as most of us know, to win any tournament you need at least a little luck. Let's not forget, however, that these were only two hands in a tournament that lasted 3 1/2 hours. The others I actually played quite well!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucki Duck said...

Congrats on shipping the tourney... frickin' card rack!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I expect that a few people . . might have a comment or two to make about my luck with the cards

It's not luck to hit your flush. bwop has proven that over and over. Congrats o the take-down.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

Just to show you the difference between your luck, and Joe C's, and mine i was at Chester yesterday and 4, yes that is 4, times I flop nut straight. Sounds like a Joe C night, right? Every time a 4th card to the straight rivered counterfeiting me for a lesser straight or a chop. I'm the anti Joe.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home