Thursday, August 26, 2010

Quickie Post

1) I felt like crap today at work and took the afternoon off. Amazing what a little comfort food (a Whopper from Burger King and fries from a local sandwich shop) and some sleep will do. I was pretty worthless most of the day.

2) I took a second look at a used 2000 Toyota Solara to buy for my son to drive to school and (hopefully soon) work. The Solara gets kick ass reviews from almost everyone who has owned one. I was really hoping to get a 2000 Mazda Protege, but the woman who is supposed to be selling has not been a good communicator with me.

3) Poker has been boring. I few final tables in some private events, but I end up getting kicked in the junk by Full Tilt one way or another. Same kind of thing thing at the cash tables lately.

4) Good weekend coming up: Saturday night -- home game with softball/poker buddies. Sunday night -- Beach Boys concert. I have heard that this latest version of the Beach Boys with Mike Love and Bruce Johnston is good in concert. I last saw the Beach Boys in concert when Carl Wilson was still alive and Al Jardine was still in the band. It was long time ago.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mondogarage said...

I think it's awesome that it took two stops to get a burger and fries. Discriminating taste!

8:54 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

If Kicked in the Junk = Your Shitty hands Do not Suckout.. then I agree with this article.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

Hi Lightning Dear,

You played an amazing game last night and looked quite handsome to boot!

Josie

10:01 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@ Mondo -- Yeah, I was going to get what would comfort me. However, having three kids and making occasional fast food runs, I usually stop in two places so everybody can get what they want. The places have to be relatively close, of course.

@ Waffles -- Kicked in the junk to me means that you were either cold decked (read NYRambler's post about winning the Aug 18 Mookie) or someone made some fool call and got rewarded (like calling an all-in after the flop with no straight or flush draws and holding A-Jos, only to catch a miracle Ace on the river).

10:55 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

Oh sure, you publish Waffles' comments but not mine. *sniffle*

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home