Thursday, June 17, 2010

How Fitting

Many thanks to OhCaptain for organizing last night's charity tournament to benefit the Rochester MN Ronald McDonald House. And ... many thanks to all the people who played in it, registered even though they could not play, or donated winnings or miscellaneous funds.

I started the day with a 400+ mile drive, getting back home with enough time to eat and briefly see my family before the tournament began. Oh course, the trip was made a little more difficult when I spaced out and missed a turn -- and didn't realize it for about an hour! A little scenic detour usually does not hurt too much, but I was pressed for time because of the tournament.

Seeing as how I am the one blogger who has personally benefitted from the Ronald McDonald House, I wanted to win the tournament so badly I could taste it. Blogger tournament -- yum!

I flopped two pair early on and was able to get a big enough stack to keep afloat. I was one of the short stacks going into the final table, but we all know things can turn around drastically there. I was part of a last longer bet with PinkyStinky, CEM fromMD, OhCaptain, and his wife, OhCountess. Wouldn't you know it, OhCaptain was still in.

After wisely choosing my spots and catching some cards (including the biggie -- hitting a set of 9's on a dangerous board), I chipped up was able to eventually take it down despite some tough competition from willwonka, OhCaptain, twoblackaces, and others. First place in the tournament and the winner of a last longer bet -- yowsa!

So ... the guy who has benefitted the most from the Ronald McDonald House is in a great position to give back. And he gladly will.

10 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Congrats! Meant to be baby.

1:50 AM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

Congrats, Bro. And continued good vibes toward your son.

2:36 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on the win and I hope your good playing carries over to the WSOP.

8:40 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

*puke*

9:19 AM  
Blogger CEMfromMD said...

Congrats Lightning! I will get you my $10 tonight for the last longer. I called you winning it early, remember?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Congratulations!!! The man of the hour, feel his power. Destiny calls.

11:46 AM  
Blogger BamBam said...

Congrats.

1:08 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Lightning Strieeeeeeeeeks!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Schaubs said...

atta shooter.

nice win.

2:49 PM  
Blogger BWoP said...

Great job!

I wish I could have been there to play, but there was that HORSE tourney going on at the Rio . . .

See you soon :-)

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home