Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Tip of the Hat to the Vancouver Canucks

Game six of the Blackhawks/Canucks series ended the way I imagined -- with a Hawks victory, sending them to the next round against the San Jose Sharks. Beating the Sharks would put them back in the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since 1992.

After both teams were unable to score during the first period, the Hawks grabbed the lead on goals by Troy Brouwer, Kris Versteeg, and Dave Bolland in the second period to set up the win. The Hawks cruised to a 5-1 victory in the last 20 minutes.

Tonight's game was actually the second most competitive in the series. Unlike Sunday night's game, the Hawks came ready to play and prevailed over over a tough Vancouver team. They worked hard and earned their victory tonight. Believe me, Chicago fans did NOT want to go back to the United Center for a game seven.

For my blogger buddies who are Canucks fans -- I obviously feel your pain. Afterall, I root for all the Chicago sports teams!

I look forward to a great series vs the Sharks. To get past them and get to the finals would be great. The Hawks last won the Stanley Cup when I was an toddler (no crappy comments, please!). It would be nice to see the Cup hanging around the windy city ...

6 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

You must've jinxed the canucks. I'm on to you Lightning!

FYI I had no idea you were an infant in 1910! :P

11:42 PM  
Blogger Shrike said...

Good luck the rest of the way. I do, however, hope that Dustin Byfuglien gets what he so richly deserves.

-PL

12:19 AM  
Blogger dbcooper said...

Congrats on the win. They deserved it. It might have been a lot closer if Vancouver could have stayed healthy on defence. Good luck against the Sharks

9:11 AM  
Blogger Schaubs said...

Buff is a HUGE loser. Who does that?

Only amateur losers with no class.

1:12 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Funny -- am I missing something, because the Vancouver Sun doesn't even mention Buff except in admiration of his series changing play. More goals in the series than the Sedin twins combined.

Imagine -- although I said Buff should have been on the USA Olympic team, Schaubs said no. Good thing -- the gold medals might be sitting in the USA instead.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Bayne_S said...

Sharks rule

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home