Sunday, May 16, 2010

SCOOP, MiniFTOPS, and BBT5
Today is like an all star tournament day for me as I am currently playing in or registered in three "biggie" tournaments:

SCOOP Event 37-M at PokerStars
MiniFTOPS Main Event at Full Tilt
BBT5 Invitational Event # 5 at Full Tilt

The SCOOP event (in progress as I write) has over 6,300 runners and a prize pool of over $1,262,000. MiniFTOPS has almost 5,000 entrants (begins in almost four hours) and a prize pool of at least $1,000,000. It looks like the Invitational is the small event today.

The best thing is, my total cost to play these tournaments: $8.70! The $215 entry for SCOOP was covered by a ticket I won for finishing fourth in one of the WBCOOP (World Blogger Championship OF Online Poker) tournaments earlier in the year. The $75 MiniFTOPS entry cost $8.70 -- the cost of an 18-person SNG to win a $26 token, and then using that token to to win an 18-person SNG for the $75 token. The BBT Invitational is free.

Now ... using these opportunities wisely is another thing. I seem to be off my game lately -- almost like I've had some sort ADHD-like attention problem. As tournaments have been dragging on, I've been losing interest and motivation. Maybe taking it up the butt like I have been in tournaments lately is doing it -- I don't know. K-K losing to J-J and A-K losing to A-4 at crucial junctures the past few days have killed me.
In any case, it is time to refocus and get back on the winning track. A little success today would be great.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucki Duck said...

GL lightning!

Hope you're a millionaire by this time tomorrow!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

GL, let us know how you do.

9:49 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Congrats sir!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats, that's great -- one more win in the TOC and you can play the big one out west.

9:05 AM  
Blogger smokkee said...

congrats, GL in the TOC

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home