Saturday, February 27, 2010

Nocturnal Poker Ramblings
Lately I have been playing a little $.25/$.50 no limit poker just to pass the time. Those low limit tables are often infested by the roaches of the poker world -- the short stack demons. You know them -- they buy in for a minimal amount, wait for an opportunity, then move all in. If they are lucky and double up, it is not unusual to see them try to rathole their winnings. If they lose, they whine about it ... and whine about it ... and whine about it.

Now, I may stink at online cash games, but at least I make sure my losses don't hurt and I don't berate the other players when they catch a lucky card -- or two -- and bust me. I must confess, though, that there is nothing like felting a shortie -- especially on the river or by going runner-runner. Then the fun begins. My -- what creative vocabularies these cry babies have! After all, they most often seem to not understand one of the basic laws of poker: sometimes you do everything right and still lose. The key, we all know, is getting your money "in good." If you do it consistently, you should be a winner, which is why playing poker is clearly a game of skill. It is the luck factor, though, that drives us crazy ...

4 Comments:

Blogger bastinptc said...

Why do I have a sudden urge to fire up Stars? ;-)

2:15 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

WBCOOP was good to me. This is karmic payback. : o )

2:18 AM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

What I like are the guys who play micro limits and say that it's only X amount, who cares then scream like banshees when someone plays some fugly two starters and sucks out on them. They go on for 10 min on how terrible the guy is playing. Lots of worry and noise for someone who supposedly doesn't care

9:01 AM  
Blogger Ernest said...

I hate the min buy-in shovers who run away if they get lucky and double up. Cowards! lol. The crybabies are actually pretty funny. I think the reason they call it PokerStars is because the chat box is full of ***** **** *****! Good luck at SCOOP.....

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home