Friday, December 25, 2009

Hangin' at Mickey D's
I was off for a few days because of the Christmas holidays and decided to take care of some car maintenance issues. My usual routine is to drive to the shop by myself and hang out in McDonald's while the work is being done. I had this planned for two days in a row.

Day 1: I ordered my usual -- sausage bisquit and small coffee. I took out $2.25 to pay, yet was surprised to find that the total came to just over $1.50. I looked down at the receipt to confirm what I'd guessed: I was given the senior citizen discount! I looked around and noticed that this particular McDonald's seemed to be the big meeting place for seniors. I was the youngest guy there. But what the hell, I'll take the discount since I am a cheap guy!

Day 2: Ordered the usual but was charged the full price. What -- I found the Fountain of Youth the night before? I sat down and started people watching when I thought I saw a guy who looked like OhCaptain. Nah, I thought. Then a guy who looked like Bam-Bam came in. Next -- jjok's twin. Then another Bam-Bam. wtf -- had I choked on the sausage, died, and entered into a poker blogger Bizarro World? I was going to take some cell phone pictures of the guys, but Waffles already said I am creepy, so I decided maybe not.

A Merry Christmas to all my poker friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger OhCaptain said...

WPBT flashbacks...yikes :)

Happy holidays!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

I think the worst bad beat of this whole column is you're eating McDonald's. ;-)

Waffle House FTW!

Happy New Year!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home