Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Almost a Double

Finished in second place in the Blogger Skillz game, which was Stud Hi this week. I was patient and was fortunate to get some great hands including a straight flush. More importantly, I got paid on my good hands. I had a decent chip stack most of the game, allowing me to steal lots of pots and play speculative hands, many of which turned into winners with some help from the Full Tilt RNG. Unfortunately, I went into heads-up play with my opponent having around a 5-1 chip advantage. A couple of good hands got me close, but the RNG finally seemed to even things up with me. I hated to have gotten so close to a TOC seat without winning, but considering that I don't see myself as being particularly skilled at Stud, I was still happy to at least have banked second place money.

The MurryTheCat + Friends tournament was a small HORSE victory, but hey -- a win is still a win. I have done really well in the MTC games in 2009. A little skill and a little luck can sometimes go a long way.

3 Comments:

Blogger smokkee said...

at least it wasn't Lucko that knocked you out HU.

gg

4:06 AM  
Blogger StB said...

Damn. So close. But still a good run.

2:21 PM  
Blogger NewinNov said...

I know the feeling about getting close. Your wife seems to be as patient as mine but I'm sure that will run out after the BBT4 continues.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home