Saturday, November 29, 2008

Why I Hate Freerolls Part 23
Three examples from play today:

1) At a Cake Poker new depositors freeroll I have top pair good kicker after the flop. I am somewhat short stacked and in the hand with one other person (her stack was bigger), so I push all in. She calls off most of her chips with A-Jos. No pairs, just two unmatched overcards after the flop. Of course, a Jack appears on the turn, sending me to the rail.

2) CardsChat freeroll. Several people limp in and the button (big stack) goes all in. He is called by ... Q-10os! The button pushed with Big Slick. Of course, I don't have to tell you who won the hand.

3) CardsChat freeroll. I have Q-Q and make a big raise. An opponent goes all in with ... 6-6! Of course, a 6 comes on the flop -- bye bye. At least this player had the decency to say "sorry."

I play freerolls to support the online poker groups to which I belong and play in other special events like the new depositor freeroll. Tough to justify the time you invest, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home