Tuesday, November 04, 2008



A third place finish in the Bodonkey? How did that happen?

To start with, $mokkee pwned my A-A with J-J. I limped in and waited for a raise -- a risky move, of course. $mokkee went all in and I called within about 1/10 second. J-J > A-A, naturally. After being crippled, I pooshed when needed, got some chips, and then selectively pooshed with good cards or when forced to due to stack size.

Although I regularly complain about the bad beats I take and consider myself unlucky, I hit a looooooong lucky streak, hitting flops, turns, and rivers, and sucking out more times in one tournament than I usually do in several months. Some other players went out on nasty beats, and eventually I was in the top three. My luck finally ran out, however. Third place -- I'll take it !

3 Comments:

Blogger smokkee said...

nice job. i'm glad you went deep after i snapped off your AA.

3:44 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

While I was watching you had no chips, yet hung in there. Nice job!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Just checking in to make things are ok at the lightning household.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home