Saturday, November 01, 2008

Bongo -- faithful automobile companion of first lightning Sr. and now lightning36

Remembering the departed on All Soul's Day
All Soul's Day is on November 2, just after the All Saint's Day and is an official holiday of the Catholic Calendar. It is a Roman Catholic day of remembrance for friends and loved ones who have left for their heavenly abode.

Have you read the recent posts by jjok? He wrote a very touching story about his grandmother who recently passed away. I lost my last grandparent over twenty years ago. However, when I began dating my wife, I was lucky enough to pick up a complete new set. However, they have all passed away over the past twenty-some years. The last, Grandma Rudolph, was a cagey card player who loved to bust my butt playing Rummy Royal. I've got a feeling that she would be happy to see me busting some donks at the cash tables.

For jjok's grandma and all the other grandparents who were special to us, may you already be enjoying your reward for the ways you touched our lives. May their loved ones be comforted with happy memories.


My high school recently celebrated fifty years with an all-class reunion. I learned that an old next-door neighbor died this summer. However, I didn't find out that he was murdered until tonight.

Ed Forst was a pitcher in high school and threw the best sinker I had ever seen. His younger brother was one of my friends. Their family moved away before I started high school, and we never really knew what happened to them.

For Ed and all other people who have died through senseless violence, may you be in paradise with the Lord. May your families continue to be comforted by their faith, their family, and their friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger jjok said...

thanks man

;)

1:51 AM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Very nice.

Thank you for the reminder.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home