Thursday, March 13, 2008


Just short of a TOC seat for BBT3

Yeah - it's 1:10 am and I am sitting at my desk at work. We are having some internet problems with the changeover from Insight to Comcast in our area, and my wife needed to be on the main 'puter right after the Mookie started. So ... I drove in to work and have been playing on my work computer for the past four hours.

I had an epic heads up match with lucko, but he got the best of me and felted me in second place, just short of a TOC seat. These will be my first points in BBT3, and otherwise I would be happy. However, just missing the TOC seat after wading through a large Mookie field is pretty damn disappointing. It reminds me of the last Riverchasers tournament just before the BBT2 TOC -- second place.

I hope to post a screenie or two when I get home.

Shit - I have to be back at this desk in less than seven hours. **sigh**
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay - back home.
I posted the big suckout hand above. Chippy McStacks was a short stack and went all in. With my pocket Kings, I went all in to isolate. I was shocked when presdlee went all in (with a stack about the same size as mine). I was not surprised to then find out that he had A-A. However, that first card of the flop was a beauty. I was waiting for an Ace on the river, but geez -- I got a break for once?
I got maybe another two hands where I lucked out. Overall, my hands held up and I even won my share of races.
Congrats to lucko. We were at the same table for much of the last hour or two of the tournament. He is one baaaad aggro mf, but I think that I saw a streak of his winning hands that defied imagination. Take a good aggro player and put a horseshoe up his butt for a little while -- how do you beat him?

7 Comments:

Blogger President Dave said...

Great game last night lightning. Sorry to see you couldn't lock up the TOC seat, but there are a lot of events left. Good luck in the next one.

7:04 AM  
Blogger lj said...

well played. the hu match was pretty awesome.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Great result, sorry you didn't take down the TOC seat (yet), but you've got admirable minefield-survival skills, and I think you'll be in like Flint before long. Not that sucko21 won't win 13 seats in the meantime.

8:32 AM  
Blogger mookie99 said...

Great job last night. Hell of a run and heads up match.

11:16 AM  
Blogger lucko said...

GG last night. Tough finish, 1 or 2 things go different and you easily could have taken it down.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Riggstad said...

unlucky indeed... and I get what you were doing with the limping on the button.

With the way he was catching I would have been pretty uneased going in with AA as well pre :)

That heads up match was a great battle...

4:03 PM  
Blogger MurryTheCat said...

Hello Mr. Light, how are things with you these days?
Lightning is a player!!! I want no part of him heads up.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home