Saturday, April 21, 2007

Crappy Week of Poker
What a poor week of online poker. No notable finishes, got sucked out on a few times, ran into pocket aces more times than I want to remember ...
The only poker highlight was last night's home game. Last year's bad luck player, Rich, amassed a huge chip stack early on to lead and dominate the entire night. I hung on and was able to get to heads up play with him -- his mountain vs my little stack. A few hands into hads up, he called my all in of A-2 with something like Q-6. He spiked a 6 on the river and ended it. Had I doubled up that hand, I might have had a chance to put some pressure on him. That's poker, I guess.
I am still waiting for some tournaments with WSOP implications. Rounders Radio still has one going on, and I am waiting for some 2006 and 2007 poker group finals that have WSOP seats at stake. It would be nice to know if I win one since the WSOP begins in about six weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home