Tuesday, February 27, 2007


2nd Place at the WWdN: Iakaris Invitational 2: Electric Boogaloo
Despite playing a less-than-perfect strategic game and donking off many chips as soon as I had won them, I was able to grab second place against a 46-player field in one of the WWdN weekly games. At one point late in the game (four players) I actually had almost half the chips, thanks to a JJ hand with two smaller stacks going all in. Unfortunately, SIR ROBIN went on an almost unbelievable run of catching cards, destroyed the other players, and had about a 4-1 advantage going into heads up. I was able to pull almost even at one point, but a crucial drought of cards spelled my ultimate demise. Still ... I'll take it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Hey lightning, great job last night. I turned it off when you were a slight chip dog in heads up play, and was bummed to see this morning that you didn't take it down. Very nice performance though, and never something to take for granted in a big field of bloggers n donks like this. Hopefully next week or one week soon you can take your first WWdN title.

9:41 AM  
Blogger CC said...

Thanks for coming out to the CC last night! Have a good weekend.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home