Friday, December 15, 2006

Lots of Things Going On -- Big Blogger Poker Tour Tournament, Still Making a Killing at Poker.com, Ready to go to Las Vegas ...

Blogger Poker Tour

Saturday is the last chance to make it to the finals of the Blogger Poker Tour at Poker.com. My goal last time was to make the final table, then shoot for top five, then take it down. I hit the rail at 13th place when I made a great call, but just lost to a three-outer.

To have any possibility of making the top twenty and getting a chance to play in the Grand Final with a chance to play in the Australia Millions, I will have to play my best poker and hope for a little luck. I probably need to finish near the top, which will be quite a task. The format was changed from an Omaha game to NL Hold Em with deep stacks, so at least I won't be relying solely on luck. Time to buckle down and see if all this time I have invested can pay off.


Poker.com NL Tables

Still on a heater on Poker.com. I love the place. I think that I have found where my poker style and skills fit to maximize my profits. At least for now ...


Las Vegas

Ready to go to Las Vegas for three nights. Going solo this time. I usually go with my brother, the king of comped rooms. I'll have to pay for my room this trip, but the rates are dirt cheap this time of year. After considring several places, it looks like I'll stay at Harrah's, which will position me well for some of my favorite middle-of-the-strip poker rooms.

3 Comments:

Blogger imjusthere4thebeer said...

Best of luck to ya John! Play your game and you'll do quite well.

Hope to see you at the Grand Final!

Mike

10:38 AM  
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

You are right - I talk about my crabs A LOT! They are a a part of me though. heheh I grew up with them and I'm lost without them.

YUCK!!

9:35 AM  
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

When are you going to be in Vegas? I'm heading back there in a week. Maybe we can play some pokah!!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home