Friday, May 19, 2006

Watching the season finale of CSI last night (and it is about damn time that Gil Grissom and Sara Sidle got together), I was reminded how far I have come in the world of poker.

If you are a CSI fan, you probably remember the episode a few seasons ago when a guy died while playing Hold Em. You know - it was the episode where the cocktail waitress gives the guy a squirt of eye drops in his drink - designed to give him the trots. Unfortunately, he keels over dead in the middle of a big hand.

Anyway, the CSI crew spoke the lingo of poker - "burn one, turn one," "river," etc. I was wondering, "What the heck are they talking about?" Now, Grasshopper, I am one with the poker gods ...

Last night's poker experiences reminded me that playing in three tournaments at three different poker sites at the same time is not a good idea. In an OPT freeroll on Poker.com, I said goodbye when my pocket aces were cracked when someone flopped a flush. At the Shark Poker Tour $5 event on Absolute, I finished a few places out of the money. However, at a CheckRayz $5 event at Noble, I made the top five, which won me a token for an upcoming Noble $15,000 guaranteed tournament.

Not ready to go to bed, I went on Celeb Poker and promptly made a quick killing when I flopped the nut flush in a No Limit ring game. Unfortunately, I gave most of it back when my pocket Jacks were bested by pocket Aces. Oh well ...

I did finish second in a Celeb qualifying freeroll, so I'll get entry into a $1,000 event next week. It probably was not worth the time, but hey, it was good for the ego.

This weekend I hope to have success in a special Dream Poker $5,000 freeroll for OPT and other forum challenge members and the $20,000 Poker.com freeroll for players who earned a certain number of comp points this past week. It would be great to build a nice bankroll for my upcoming Las Vegas trip.

See ya at the tables!

1 Comments:

Blogger MTC said...

Lightning!! Nice place you have here. How did you put music in?

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home